Thursday, February 2, 2012

A New Beginning - Freezer Cooking

Some people like to:
Sew
Craft
Can
Scrapbook
etc...

I like to:
Freezer Cook

What is Freezer Cooking?
Freezer Cooking is cooking/preparing a meal or a bunch of meals at one time that will be placed in the freezer for later use.

This type of cooking has given me so much time. So often we say that "there are not enough hours in the day" to be able to do this thing or that. This Freezer Cooking has given me "extra hours" in the day because I am not in the kitchen putting the cutting board and knife on the counter to chop up the vegetables or pulling out the skillet to brown the beef or gathering the ingredients to make the meal. I'm not having to wash the skillet, knife, cutting board, mixing bowl, and any measuring tools. I am not having to do that each day because I already did that once. All I have to do each do is pull a meal out of the freezer to thaw and then I put it in the crockpot or oven to cook. I might throw a few vegetables in the steamer or get a pot of rice cooked....but that is it. No big hassle. Now I get to spend more time with Tatum and I know that dinner will be ready for when Nik gets home from work.

This type of cooking also saves me money because I can get all the ingredients at one time and by doing that I do not have to go back to the grocery store multiple times through out the week. When I go multiple times through out the week I might have missed out on a deal and now have to buy the ingredient at the regular price or I might pick up a few other unnecessary items that add up after a while.

Cooking like this is fun. Yes, it is hard to cook for a few hours straight, but it is fun to feel so accomplished. I am so blessed to have family that will watch Tatum for me while I cook.

I am so happy to have found this and I've been able to bring my cousin/best friend along for the ride. Arianna loves it just as much as I do.

So....here is my blog with all the experiences and recipes that I have enjoyed. All these meals can be made up, cooked, and eaten in the same day or you can freeze them like I have. Don't think that you have to do freezer cooking to enjoy these meals. Please....make them and eat them and let me know what you think.

Loves,
Dawna

No comments: