Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Salsa Chicken
Source: Caitlyn S. - BYU 175th Married Student Ward Cookbook

4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts - I prefer them to start out frozen in the crockpot.
1 C. Salsa
1 pkg (or 4tsp) Taco Seasoning
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
1/2 C. Sour Cream (optional)
1 C. Shredded Cheese (optional)
I might even suggest and try putting a can of corn or frozen corn in with it next time.

Crockpot:
Add Chicken, taco seasoning, soup, and salsa (and possibly corn) in Crockpot.
Cook on High 3-4 hours or Low 6-8 hours.
Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and cheese.
Serve over rice.

Oven:
Preheat oven to 375degrees.
Chicken will need to be thawed out.
Sprinkle taco seasoning on both sides of the chicken.
Place in greased 9x13 dish.
Pour soup and salsa (and possibly corn) over all.
Bake 25-35 min or until chicken thoroughly cooked.
Sprinkle with cheese and bake another 3-5 min, or until cheese melted.
Top with sour cream if desired.
Serve over rice.

I have only made this in the crockpot. I love coming home to a yummy-smelling house after work...with little time being spent in the kitchen,

If you know of any awesome crockpot recipes, please email them to me. I would love more!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I already love this blog! Sadly i have nothing to add or help...but I know i'll be copying a lot of these!

Nik and Dawna said...

Thanks!
I am glad someone likes it as much as my mom and I do!
I really hope more will follow.
Don't worry about not being able to help...I'm just glad I could give you more ideas.
=]

StacieJayne said...

Ok, "I'm goin' in"!! Haha!! I just bought the stuff to make this for tomorrow!! I'll be adding corn to it. I'll let you know how it turns out! Love you, Sweetie!!! :)